Does the library work in Silverlight

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Hi - just curious if this works as expected with Silverlight?

Any gotchas?  I'd like to plug it in /w CSLA.

Is there another build pending - I followed the various blog posts around and they seem to indicate another version...

Thanks

jack

Developer
Feb 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM

jaddington

I'm curious what sort of scenarios you will be using it for? (I wonder this because of the work I've done to enable indexing on ObservableCollections. I'm not totally happy with the public interfacing portion of this and would appreciate any feedback.

As far as I'm aware of, it should work as expected in Silverlight, keeping in mind the typical Silverlight limitations etc... (please let me know if you see any issues).

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM

My observation is that it works just fine with SL.  I worked with Rocky to put the same techniques for Indexing used in i4o into CSLA a couple years ago.  On the CSLA roadmap, in order to only have to implement one codebase for indexing, we are pulling indexing out of CSLA for 4.0, so people can just use i4o with CSLA if they need indexing.

I am scheduling some work on i4o to update it for .NET 4 in early march, with an eye towards a beta of the new bits on or around March 11 in advance on my talk at DevTeach in Toronto on the subject.