Status of v1.0 with advanced Where that takes advantage of multiple indexed properies

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM

What the status on this project, I have not seen any progress in over a year.

Is the project still being worked on?

I am waiting for a release that will take advantage of the indexed properties when you have advanced Where clauses that select against multiple properties such as

where(t=>t.state='CT' && t.Salary > 50000 && t.isFullTime)

The data I am working with is huge and my where statement could contain just about any combination of selects against any of my objects 50+ properties.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 9:59 PM

There is a branch for v2 that you should give a try.  It is specifically built to support your scenario.  We are working on the program, and will likely move that branch to the trunk soon, once we have enough feedback on it.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Where can i get a copy of the v2 build?  The only downloads I can find are for the main trunk under the download page.

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Branches/i4o2

You will need to download and build the source.

It is not the trunk yet - though with enough interest, feedback, and external vetting, it will be moved there in due time.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Hi,

any updates regarding v2?

It looks very promising, please let mw know if I can help you with development..

Developer
Feb 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

We know the updates to i4o have been a long time coming. (That's the problem w/ open source and real life eh?)

Currently we've moved the v2 code over to https://github.com/ericksoa/i4o 

Feel free to fork and send a pull request if you have updates to make. Or if you'd like to discuss anything go ahead and start a new discussion thread.

Currently on the TODO list is to bring back possible silverlight support - the code here https://github.com/ericksoa/i4o has taken a dependency on some code that in't supported in silverlight - so it's be nice to clean that up if possible.

Thoughts?

Developer
Feb 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Actually looks like I've already done a bunch of the Silverlight work - just doing a little cleanup now and will have the changes pushed up to github master.

Developer
Feb 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Ok - major updates have been pushed - full silverlight and .net fwk support is now in there.

If it's missing a feature you need - feel free to fork now and hack away. 

Looking forward to any pull requests & happy coding.